Perform early detection with SAKURI (Check your own skin). Do this SAKURI once a month by checking the appearance or abnormal growth on the skin.
How to SAKURI:
- With the help of large glass, examine the front and back of the body. Then the right and left sides of the body, both arms raised
- Bend your elbows. Look at the inside and outside of the forearm, upper arms and palms and the back of the hand.
- Observe the outside and inside of the legs and feet, including the soles of the feet and between the toes.
- Observe the back of the neck and scalp with the help of a small mirror. Set hair alternately to see better.
- Finally, check the back and buttocks with the help of a small mirror.
How is the inspection assessed?
Beware of signs of skin cancer with AUCDE
A = Asimiteris
U = Uneven / uneven boundary
C = Color or different colors, not equally
D = Diameter, if the mass of an abnormal size is greater than corn kernels
E = Evolution or change, getting bigger over time, sometimes there are complaints of itching, bleeding or scab
Treatment of skin cancer
Immediately consult a doctor at the nearest health service center if you find anything suspicious from the SAKURI examination.
Source: Program Brochure for the Acceleration of Community Participation in Cancer Prevention and Early Detection of Indonesian Women 2015-2019
Comments are closed.